About Us

CEDAR PARK CHURCH HISTORY

Morning Worship – 11:00 AM

Elder Gene Campher

Cedar Park Presbyterian Church started as Pleasantville Sunday School in the summer of 1898. As the number of participants grew the Sunday School was adopted as a mission by the Calvary Presbyterian Church of Wyncote. A building was constructed on the corner of Limekiln Pike and Williams Avenue in 1902 and in May 1917 the organization officially became The Cedar Park Presbyterian Church. Rev William Barnes Lower was the first pastor who served until the end of 1917.

Rev John DeChant stated that “the doors of Cedar Park Presbyterian church are open to all people of this community” and Rev Hunsberger slogan” a community church where Christ is exalted “are still true today. Cedar Park Presbyterian Church has been a solid community church offering many programs for youth and adults over the last 93 years. We look to the future as we continue to worship and serve God on the corner of Limekiln and Upsal streets.

Rev. Dr. Janel Dixon is now the current pastor of Cedar Park Presbyterian Church.